Amber Kyle, MD – Krishna Patel, PA-C
Dermatology Associates of the South Bay
Re-opening due to COVID-19
As we continue to review and monitor updates from the CDC, local and global outlets we are constantly adjusting and maintaining our clinic to be ready for our opening process. Thank you for your patience during this time.
During the week of 6/8/20 we are now opening our clinic to more than just emergency patients. While we slowly open our practice we will continue to maintain our clinic to ensure our patients and staff continue to remain healthy and safe while reopening. Here are some of the things we are doing:
- Cleaning and disinfecting our entire practice according to World Health Organization standards:
- 70% ethyl alcohol to disinfect small areas between uses, such as reusable equipment, Sign in pens, seats in lobby, etc.
- Using sodium hypochlorite at 0.5% or disinfectant products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 for disinfecting surfaces.
- We have re-organized our practice to minimize patient contact and increased sterilization:
- Placed signs in visible locations to notify patients of COVID-related precautions and add markings where necessary to maintain appropriate social distance.
- Separated chairs in lobby area to keep 6 feet separation distance.
- Removed magazines from patient areas.
- Placed additional hand sanitizers and wipes in the waiting rooms, patient rooms, as well as high traffic areas for staff.
- Propped open all appropriate doors to minimize touching door handles.
- Placed “sneeze guards” in front office area and back office.
- We will screen patients for flu-like symptoms, loss of taste or smell and history of COVID-19 exposure; not in large groups of 100 or more, traveled of state. If a patient answers yes to any of these questions we will reschedule their apt for a later date. Upon entering for your appointment we will take temperatures (if over 100 Fahrenheit, we will ask you to reschedule).
- Masks and eye protection will be worn by staff interacting with patient and patients will remain in masks until provider has asked to be removed.
- Minimized patients every day seen per provider to limit any overlapping in the lobby area.
- We will continue to conduct virtual visits.
- Implement digital tools to assist our practice in maximizing social distancing where appropriate:
- Connections via internet are compliant with HIPAA and our web browsers with encrypted communications, such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
- We have educated & organized our staff to keep everyone safe.