Dermatology Associates of the South Bay
Amber Kyle, M.D. – Krishna Patel, PA-C
Care of Your Biopsy Site
- Keep bandage on for 24 hours.
- Remove bandage and cleanse twice daily with running water and soap.
- Apply Polysporin (double antibiotic) Ointment twice a day for 1 – 2 weeks.
- You may cover area or leave open to air.
- If your biopsy site has stitches, please do not shave over them.
- Mild swelling, tenderness, bruising or bleeding is normal.
- Bruising & Swelling can be helped by elevating area and applying a bag of frozen peas or an athletic ice pack wrapped in tissue to protect skin
- For discomfort, you can take over the counter Tylenol
- Mild bleeding can be controlled by applying 15 minutes of firm, uninterrupted pressure over the biopsy site
Contact Office for:
- Bleeding that does not stop after pressure
- Redness that is expanding after the first 2 days
- Tenderness not controlled with Tylenol
- If green discharge or pus comes from the biopsy site
- Other concerns
**It can take up to 2 weeks to receive biopsy results.
20911 Earl Street, STE 310
Torrance, CA 90503